Friday, April 22, 2011

AL-002: Just To Get Away picture 7"

The second release on American Leather (AL-002), and the first of several singles off of Feel The Darkness. I got this record along with Darby Crash Rides Again, as well as the Ian Mackaye 12" and Discontent 7", from an older kid in high school (as mentioned earlier). Needless to say my 16 year old just-got-into-hardcore/all-fast-all-the-time brain was pretty confused when I switched to this record from the demo ep, but putting on Ian Mackaye after that tied things together nicely. I always loved the cover versions on their records, they sound just as comfortable covering the MC5 as they do covering GISM.

-----

REJECTED TEST PRESS - unknown amount
No known sleeve. Matrix number AL-oo2. Not sure why this was rejected, the sound is about the same as the approved version. This large hole copy came from the Discourage guys, so it's likely that it previously belonged to Pig or another band member. The small hole version was sold on ebay a couple of years ago, and based on the seller's other listings I believe this was a file copy from the pressing plant.



-----

APPROVED TEST PRESS - unknown amount
No known sleeve. Matrix number AL-oo2 RE1.


-----

FIRST and ONLY PRESS - 3500 picture discs
Vinyl is tinted on the A-side, and comes in various colors — yellow, blue/green, purple and red/orange. Flex lists red and orange as separate colors but I think they may actually be one in the same. Some copies came with a set of stickers with cartoon drawings of each band member, I'll post those later.






2 comments:

  1. the one you have pictured as blue is actually the green one, the blue version is much darker than that, there is also a version of the green one where the tint is on the b-side and the a-side is clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just checked my copies again and the green is darker than that one also, I'll send you a pic of them all lined up if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete